Dr. Sam Morayati, M.D., attended medical school in Basrah and Baghdad, Iraq, and completed fellowships and residency programs from St. Bartholomew’s Medical School in London, England, and William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak and Troy, Michigan. Since 1991, he has served the Burlington, Alamance County and Piedmont communities of North Carolina as a family medicine and specialist physician.
Dr. Morayati is board certified by the American College of Nuclear Medicine, the American Board of Family Medicine and the American Board of Nuclear Cardiology and is a fellow of the American College of Physicians, the American College of Nuclear Medicine, the American College of Endocrinology and the American Academy of Family Physicians. He is a past president of the American College of Nuclear Medicine, has received scholarships from the United Nations International Atomic Energy Commission (IAEC), and was listed by the Consumer Research Council as a top American physician in 2007 and 2008.
Other Honors and Awards
- American Top Physicians Consumer Research Council: 2007, 2008
- Outstanding Scientific Paper Award, Research Presentation, American Academy of Family Practice: 1988
- Honorable Mention, Research Presentation, Radiological Society of North America: 1987
- Certificate of Merit, AAFP: 1986
- Hans Koek Award for outstanding scientific achievement, William Beaumont Hospital: 1988
- Who’s Who in the Mid West, America, American Educators, Young Professionals
- Dictionary of International Biography